Arduino boards are able to read inputs –light on a sensor, a finger on a button, or a Twitter message –and turn it into an output –activating a motor, turning on an LED, publishing something online.
Getting the Arduino Ready
So we all can get started with the world of physical computing :
- First you must have your Arduino board (Arduino Uno) and a USB cable
- Download Arduino IDE Software
- or Download Pictoblox
- Power up your board by connecting it via USB
- Launch IDE
Using the Arduino IDE, you will have to run the application file as shown in the below picture.
- Create your first project
- Now open the file given to you
We are ready to start Physical Computing with Arduino.
Let us start the “Hello World” of Physical Computing that is called as the blink.